Big, bold and ready to go - the right handed only single bevel honesuki is going to make light work of breaking down proteins and looks great while doing it. We've paired it with a one-off custom pink/blue boxholder burl and white trustee collared handle from UK craftsman@letshandlethis.
- Blade Length: 145mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 283mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 4.55mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 42.3mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 158 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 61~63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal teak with black buffalo
- Left or Right handed: Right only (Single Bevel)
Product SKU: CUS-0014
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
Tamura Toru + Myojin Tateo
Forged by Tamura Toru and sharpened by Myojin Tateo, this single bevel range is a collaboration Hatsukokoro have created to make yet another high quality range of knives and unusually for single bevel knives, a nice contrasting kurouchi finish.