What makes this a second?
The knife arrived from the manufacturer with some resin spots on the blade which we believe were caused during handle fitting. These have been scrubbed off but it has meant the initial polish finish has been scuffed.
This scuffing and marking would eventually happen naturally with use in the kitchen and cleaning etc so apart from this, the knife is in brand new and unused condition and as a second is a great bargain for a keen cook looking for a beautiful nakiri.
The Nakiri is a veg knife that will make easy work of all the prep jobs you can throw at it!
- Blade Length: 164mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 313mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 51mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 145 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Powder
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Established in Sakai in 1901, Jikko's blacksmiths have a long history of designing and creating high quality knives that marry subtle design and excellent edge retention.