An extremely stylish, understated and incredibly light gyuto from Konosuke's GS+ range.
This larger gyuto from Konosuke is a semi stainless knife, a 3 layer sandwich with the core semi stainless steel clad in a softer steel and machine finished. At only 127g this is a very thin laseresque knife that is very sharp. The height is very good on this knife so great knuckle clearance on the board.
Very thin going into the handle at the spine and that continues with a distal taper all the way to the very thin tip. This gyuto is great for rock chopping with a slight flat spot towards the back.
Finished with a beautiful chestnut octagonal handle made by Studio Khii, the gap where the tang goes into the handle is an aesthetic take on traditional method of handling the knives and there is an equally beautiful saya available to match the knife.
- Blade Length: 235mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 395mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Total weight: 125 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: GS+ Semi Stainless
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal bamboo from Studio Khii
- Restock Time: 2-3 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 1353
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Konosuke Knives and Cutlery Company are based in Sakai City and their fit and finish on all their knives is second to none.