The latest addition to our collection of Kotetsu Iron Clad knives, this is a slightly different shape to the rest. Shibata San created this knife to be slightly different to the rest of the Iron Clad range, there is a lot more belly on the knife than the others mainly towards the front with a slightly more pronounced point.
This will please any rock choppers out there and you can get quite high up on the tip which is great for precision work.
If you are looking for a saya for this knife, the Konosuke Kiritsuke saya is not made for the battleship but is a pretty good fit with only minimal movement.
- Blade Length: 190mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 332mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 43mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 125 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Powder
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Powder
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Shibata san is one of the top knife sharpeners in Japan and his knife making skill extends to his own beautiful Kotetsu range.