Strikingly bold looks with a lovely feel and balance to this knife make it a great choice for an all round chef knife.
The Bunka combines the best of the Nakiri and Santoku shapes to create a visually interesting blade that performs excellently preparing both meat and vegetables.
The stainless, powdered R2 steel used in the blade construction is very thin which lends itself to taking a very sharp edge and is hard enough to handle daily use without needing to worry about its strength.
There is a specially made saya to fit this knife.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 183mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 324mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 53mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 120 grams
- Sharpness score: 96 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Powder
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Powder
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octgonal rosewood
Product SKU: 1657
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Takumi Ikeda/Takayuki Shibata
Made by Takumi Ikeda and sharpened by Shibata san who is one of the top knife sharpeners in Japan.