With the distinguishing shape of the tip, this larger chef knife is as good doing fine cutting jobs as it is working with larger pieces of meat and veg. It's a very solid all rounder we already love.
The longer blade glides through in one pass rather than needing more back and forth which can sometimes be time consuming and inefficient when prepping your food.
The stainless, powdered R2 steel used in the blade construction is very thin which lends itself to taking a very sharp edge and is hard enough to handle daily use without needing to worry about its strength.
There is a specially made saya to fit this knife.
- Blade Length: 207mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 356mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 46mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 129 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Powder
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Powder
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Shibata san is one of the top knife sharpeners in Japan and his knife making skill extends to his own beautiful Kotetsu range.