A good sized petty that is incredibly light and sharp out of the box.
Like his other range, the Iron Clad these knives are spectacularly sharp out of the box which given that he is one of the best sharpeners in Japan is no surprise.
The Aogami super blue ensures that the edge will last for a long time between sharpens and the stainless cladding means that it won't need as much care as a full carbon blade.
- Blade Length: 136mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 266mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 28mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 62 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Shibata san is one of the top knife sharpeners in Japan and his knife making skill extends to his own beautiful Kotetsu range.