Longer and thinner than a Gyuto (Japanese chef's knife), these Sujihiki knives make the perfect carving knife. The long, narrow blade allows for fewer strokes which limits drag to make cutting easier.
Carving knifes rarely look this awesome. This one looks huge and is a work of art. The same magnolia and red pakka wood handles as the rest of the Yuki range, a beautiful and handy addition to your kitchen.
Can you imagine how cool you will look with this at the dinner table?
- Blade Length: 131mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 260mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 34mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 75 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: White #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).