An absolute cracker of a knife for the money, if you're looking to step up your veg prep and want a nakiri to do it then this is definitely one to add to your collection.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 167mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 315mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3.27mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 52.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 170 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Soft Iron
- Steel Type - Core: Blue Steel #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Cherry wood
Product SKU: 10151
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Founded in 1955 by second generation knife maker Hirotaka Muneishi and now run by Kosuke Muneishi - a third generation blacksmith who forges and creates all the knives himself, Muneishi knives have a reputation for impressive quality and specialising in aogami steels at a very accessible price point.