Every inch of this gyuto is a work of art. The skill and craftmanship that create the knife has been gained from generations of experience and it shows whichever part of the knife you look at.
The 240 gyuto does tend to measure up a little short relative to its name as with many handmade knives there can be some variance in length but we did notice this particular gyuto runs a little short.
- Blade Length: 230mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 380mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 49mm (Heel to spine)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: SG2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal teak (on Migaki finish) or walnut (on Kurouchi finish) with black bolster
Product SKU: 8853
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
A legendary name in sword and knife making stretching back 8 generations and 350 years. You simply don't get much more skill going into each blade.