Here's a nakiri you don't see every day, traditionally flat along the edge but with the added versatility of a kiritsuke shaped tip so you can make light work of veggies and use it for more intrictate work too!
- Blade Length: 169mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 311mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 51.9mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.2mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 157 grams
- Core Steel: SG2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Various
- Handle Material: Octagonal walnut (on Kurouchi finish) or teak (on Matt Migaki finish) with black buffalo bolster. Custom handles also available.
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: NIG-021-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
A legendary name in sword and knife making stretching back 8 generations and 350 years. You simply don't get much more skill going into each blade.