A big knife in every respect, big on history, quality of the design and stunning finish and at the longer end of gyuto sizing but with the kiritsuke shape it remains an impressively versatile performer that you'll be reaching for time and again for years.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 256mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 410mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2.3mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 51.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 206 grams
- Core Steel: SG2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal walnut (on Kurouchi finish) or teak (on Matt Migaki finish) with black buffalo bolster. Custom handles also available.
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 8406
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
A legendary name in sword and knife making stretching back 8 generations and 350 years. You simply don't get much more skill going into each blade.