- Blade Length: 210mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 358mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 3mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 49mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 156 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: Blue Steel #2
This knife is made from a reactive carbon steel which is not stainless and has some special care instructions and properties – Read our carbon steel care guide here
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal rosewood with black pakka bolster
Product SKU: 8101
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
A fourth generation blacksmith, Shigeki Tanaka and his small workshop based in Miki City are highly regarded for their skill and experience which has been passed down through the generations.