- Blade Length: 180mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 325mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 47mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 145 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Blue Steel #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-62 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal rosewood with black pakka bolster
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
A fourth generation blacksmith, Shigeki Tanaka and his small workshop based in Miki City are highly regarded for their skill and experience which has been passed down through the generations.