Forged in the workshop of Shigeki Tanaka the light nashiji finish of this knife combined with a sandblasted style tapering down to the blue #2 steel cutting edge definitely create an interesting contrast that feels good to the touch while performing strongly in the kitchen.
- Blade Length: 180mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 325mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 47mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 145 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Blue Steel #2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal rosewood with black pakka bolster
Product SKU: 8102
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
A fourth generation blacksmith, Shigeki Tanaka and his small workshop based in Miki City are highly regarded for their skill and experience which has been passed down through the generations.