Nimble and well balanced with a classic hammer finish, the mid sized gyuto is a perfect all rounder to add to your collection or pick as a first Japanese chef knife.
The hammer finish on every one is unique and you'll enjoy looking at the knife almost as much as you'll love using it!
- Blade Length: 216mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 354mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.22mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 46.4mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 142 grams
- Sharpness score: 171 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Oval cherry with red pakka bolster
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Tsunehisa is a brand that supply knives from a range of blacksmiths and forges from around Japan including Sakai, Tosa and Seki and as such the range of knives available under the Tsunehisa name features a wide range of steels, styles and finishes but each one has a high level of quality and finish in common.