A core of super sharp aogami super steel clad in a delightful contrasting kurouchi finished stainless steel and offset with a vibrant morado wood handle this nakiri is the perfect knife to reach for when you need to make short work of vegetables.
The tall blade is perfect for scooping and transferring food to the pot and shows off the delicate hammer finish patterning nicely.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 162mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 308mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 1.9mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 52.15mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 169 grams
- Sharpness score: 140 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Super Blue Steel
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Oval morado with a maple ferrule
Product SKU: 7455
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
A maker well regarded for their knives and typically work with blue #2 offering good quality at a great price.