Spectacular hardness and edge retention, this monster gyuto has been designed for height and clearance and those who crave a tall knife!
This model is fitted with a stunning "Tottori Sands" maple burl handle designed and made by Oster Rob in Slovenia inspired by Japan's largest sand dunes.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 245mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 389mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2.52mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 65.2mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 250 grams
- Core Steel: HAP40
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 67-68 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal magnolia with black buffalo horn or "Tottori Sand" maple burl
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 2265
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
Yoshida Hamono is a family-owned Japanese company with an age-long tradition in manufacturing state-of-the-art tools and Japanese swords (katanas) by hand.