- Blade Length: 245mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 398mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 4.1mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 48.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 186 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: SKD
This knife is made from a reactive carbon steel which is not stainless and has some special care instructions and properties – Read our carbon steel care guide here
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal wenge (custom handles also available)
Product SKU: CUS-0011
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Established in 1919 in the city of Sanjo, Yoshikane Hamono have a well deserved reputation for their high quality craftsmanship and finishing and this range of knives are forged by the 4th generation head of the factory Kazuomi Yamamoto.