An excuisite mid sized gyuto crafted by Yoshimi Kato and paired with a beautiful limited edition handle, this is a knife that demands attention and is ready to tackle any job. If you're looking to treat yourself to a truly special knife then look no further.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 245mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 49mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 240 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: R2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Western
- Handle material: Limited edition full tang ironwood with custom rivets
Product SKU: 8601
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San and is a highly skilled and renowned blacksmith working at the Takefu knife village where he creates his own ranges of knives as well as knives for other brands such as Masakage.