An absolutely sensational statement piece of a knife with a one of a kind handle of the highest quality and finish.
Kato-san is already well known and regarded for his work and the stunning SG2 gyuto offer not only a top quality blade but are paired with a full tang pinned handle that complements the simplicity of the blade design incredibly well.
We absolutely love these if you can't already tell!
- Blade Length: 216mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 342mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2.2mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 45.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 181 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: SG2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 63-64 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Honduran rosewood wa handle or custom Western handle.
- Restock Time: Up to 6 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 9152
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San and is a highly skilled and renowned blacksmith working at the Takefu knife village where he creates his own ranges of knives as well as knives for other brands such as Masakage.