A wonderful mid sized petty from Kato-san made in a silver 3 steel with a subtle but visually captivating nashiji finish this is definitely a utility knife you'll find yourself reaching for time and again for all those intricate little jobs.
- Blade Length: 120mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 246mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.70mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 29.1mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 65 grams
- Sharpness score: 179 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Silver 3
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: D shaped oval rosewood
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San and is a highly skilled and renowned blacksmith working at the Takefu knife village where he creates his own ranges of knives as well as knives for other brands such as Masakage.