A wonderful mid sized petty from Kato-san made in a silver 3 steel with a subtle but visually captivating nashiji finish this is definitely a utility knife you'll find yourself reaching for time and again for all those intricate little jobs.
- Blade Length: 120mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 246mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 2.70mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 29.1mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 65 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: Silver 3
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: D shaped oval rosewood
Product SKU: 9101
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San and is a highly skilled and renowned blacksmith working at the Takefu knife village where he creates his own ranges of knives as well as knives for other brands such as Masakage.