When you're reaching for something to tame the larger jobs in the kitchen the mid to large sized gyuto is what you need. Beautifully designed with hammer stripes to evoke the wind created by Fūjin, every one is unique and a sight to behold.
- Blade Length: 240mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 396mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.85mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 51mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 164 grams
- Sharpness score: 136 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal walnut
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
The youngest blacksmith to be granted the title of Master Nokaji and senior teacher at Takefu Knife Village, the skill and craft put into each of his knives is clear to see.