Nimble and light like the wind that Fūjin is the god of, the santoku is a perfect all rounder used in many kitchens around the world. This knife performs every bit as exceptionally as it looks and Kurosaki's work on this range is rightfully popular and in high demand.
- Blade Length: 165mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 310mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2.9mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 45mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 118 grams
- Sharpness score: 122 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Octagonal walnut
Product SKU: 8353
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
The youngest blacksmith to be granted the title of Master Nokaji and senior teacher at Takefu Knife Village, the skill and craft put into each of his knives is clear to see.