*20% off!* The gyuto is the Japanese version of our chef knife and is perfect for most jobs.
A great sized gyuto with the kengata tip, this enables you to get all the benefits of a gyuto but with extra precise tip work.
At a glance
We have personally tested and reviewed this knife to give you an honest and personal opinion about it and this is how it rates.
The technical bits
- Blade length 202 mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total length 360 mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 2 mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 50 mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 167 grams
- Blade Material Super Blue Steel cutting edge, laminated in
- Hardness 65 HRC
- Style Japanese
- Handle Style Japanese
- Tang Style Half
- Left or right handed Both
- Type Gyuto
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What You Get
A green box with stepped inlay and a cardboard guard over the blade.
What is a Gyuto knife?
Ranging from 180mm to 270mm the Gyuto (translates as "beef-sword") is a general purpose chef's knife that are typically quite tall at the heel and pointed towards the tip for precision work. Ideal choice for all round use.