A stunning right handed only single bevel yanagiba designed to make the long slices required for preparing your raw fish for presentation.
- Blade Length: 295mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 456mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 4.44mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 34.6mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 241 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Soft Iron
- Steel Type - Core: Blue Steel #2
This knife is made from a reactive carbon steel which is not stainless and has some special care instructions and properties – Read our carbon steel care guide here
- Left or Right handed: Right only
- Hardness: 61~63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal teak with black buffalo
Product SKU: 12155
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Tamura Toru + Myojin Tateo
Forged by Tamura Toru and sharpened by Myojin Tateo, this single bevel range is a collaboration Hatsukokoro have created to make yet another high quality range of knives and unusually for single bevel knives, a nice contrasting kurouchi finish.