A truly magnificent knife made and finished to the highest standards by one of the best blacksmiths.
Fitted with a Karin wood with black buffalo and 3 spacers handle.
- Blade Length: 216mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 375mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 47.4mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.17mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 227 grams
- Core Steel: White #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: HAT-0010
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Takahiro Nihei for Hatsukokoro
Primarily known for his excellent work on the knives from Konosuke, Nihei san is an outstanding blacksmith who has trained in Sanjo at Yoshikane Hamono.