Thin, light and a classic construction. If you're wanting to experience carbon steel at an excellent price then the versatile bunka is a great choice.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 170mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 310mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 4.5mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 45.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 121 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Soft Iron
- Steel Type - Core: Blue Steel #2
This knife is made from a reactive carbon steel which is not stainless and has some special care instructions and properties – Read our carbon steel care guide here
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Keyaki with black plastic bolster
Product SKU: KYO-0001
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
A young emerging blacksmith from Tosa, Shindo san already had several years experience in blade making before working independently and is undoubtedly one of the new wave of Japanese blacksmiths you'll hear more about in future.