Masamoto Sohonten have been making knives for over 150 years and are considered to be the leading sushi knife manufacturer in Japan. The quality and fit and finish of their knives is top notch.
Made from Hyper Molybdenum Vanadium and finished with a Duracon western handle these knives are made specially for the western market.
The smallest petty we sell in this series, it's a perfect size for all your little tasks in the kitchen.
Please note this knife is sharpened to a 70/30 edge.
- Blade Length: 124mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 235mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 1.5mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 28mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 96 grams
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Stainless
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 59 HRC
- Handle style: Western
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Masamoto have been making knives for more than 150 years and are highly regarded for their history and skill passed down over 5 generations.