The handle of a classic Western knife with the beauty of a Japanese blade.
Featuring a quality handle; solid and weighty with a full tang which is unusual for a Japanese knife but that is why this one is so popular, it brings together the quality and beauty of Japanese steel with a more familiar Western handle. The blade is sharp as you'd expect and simply wonderful to look at.
- Blade Length: 275mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 410mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 1.9mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 55.2mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 173 grams
- Sharpness score: 167 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60-61 (HRC)
- Handle style: Western
- Handle material: Full tang mahogany
Product SKU: 1760
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
We do not currently have a saya or guard large enough for this knife.
Well known and respected, Sakai knives are created by a skilled team of craftsmen and as a company have been creating knives for more than 600 years.