Masakage Kiri Bunka
Made by veteran blacksmith Hiroshi Kato San this petty is a real beauty. Kiri means mist in Japanese and this is perfectly portrayed by the damascus stainless cladding that protects the VG10 core steel.
This is a low maintenance knife due to being completely stainless, cuts well and will stay sharp for a long time thanks to the qualities of the VG10 core.
- Blade Length 171mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length 316mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height 47mm Heel to spine
- Total weight 111 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge VG10
- Left or Right handed Either
- Hardness 60-62 HRC
- Handle style Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).