A beautiful and well balanced bunka with an intricate and unique damascus finish running the length of the blade tapering down to a stylish final layer of dark grey matte on the impressively sharp VG10 cutting edge.
The bunka is a great shape and offers versatility across a wide range of meat, fish and vegetable prep jobs and at 165mm, it's a perfect smaller all rounder.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 168mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 306mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 47.1mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 1.90mm (Spine width above the heel) 1.87mm (Measured halfway along spine) 0.89mm (Measured 15mm from tip)
- Total Weight: 140 grams
- Core Steel: VG10
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 60-61 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Pakka wood
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: SUNC-008-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Based in Seki City - home of Japanese sword and knife making for more than 800 years, Suncraft have specialised in knives and kitchen tools for generations.