A fine carving knife, thin blade means minimum drag through your meat and the style of this one means you will have to learn how to carve at the table!
Featuring a stunning green handle; solid and weighty with a full tang which is unusual for a Japanese knife but that is why this one is so popular, it brings together the quality and beauty of Japanese steel with a more familiar Western handle. The blade is sharp as you'd expect and simply wonderful to look at.
- Blade Length: 246mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 368mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 36.6mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 1.92mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 191 grams
- Core Steel: VG10
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 60-61 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Western
- Handle Material: Full tang pakka wood
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: SAK-0052
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Well known and respected, Sakai knives are created by a skilled team of craftsmen and as a company have been creating knives for more than 600 years.