Fantastic quality fit and finish and looks to turn heads, this nimble ko-bunka is great fun to use.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 130mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 271mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 45.2mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.1mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 132 grams
- Core Steel: White #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Oak and Burnt Oak
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: HADO-008-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
One of the leading blacksmiths in the Sakai region, Tanaka san forges the Sumi blades which are then sharpened by Tadataka Maruyama.