A taller than typical bunka but one that retains all the great all-rounder properties you'd want but with the added bonus of additional clearance for working with slightly larger ingredients.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 181mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 332mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 49.6mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 1.64mm (Spine width above the heel) 1.50mm (Measured halfway along spine) 1.28mm (Measured 15mm from tip)
- Total Weight: 146 grams
- Core Steel: Super Blue Steel
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 64 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal mono bubinga wood
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: HAT-079
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Protection & care for this knife
You can also use a bunka size (22x5cm) blade guard for this knife.
Meet the maker
Based in Seki city, Hatsukoroko employ a range of techniques and work with a selection of master blacksmiths working entirely by hand and for some ranges, they make use of modern machinery to combine craft with extreme precision.