A proportionately heavier knife than the smaller knives in the range, this one is perfect for those looking for a bigger and heavier gyuto.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 240mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 392mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 49.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.13mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 225 grams
- Core Steel: Super Blue Steel
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Angled wenge and black buffalo
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 11507
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Motokyuuchi / Hatsukokoro
This range is made for Hatsukokoro by the Motokyuuchi workshop. Led by 5th generation blacksmith Yasuhide Maeda, Motokyuuchi have been making knives and blades since 1895.