An exceptional thin edge behind a workhorse profile and thick spine with a perfect taper, a real work of high performance art and a classy every day driver.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 222mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 370mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 46.6mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 4.5mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 208 grams
- Core Steel: Super Blue Steel
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Ebony and white buffalo
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: HAT-041-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Takahiro Nihei for Hatsukokoro
Nihei san has collaborated with Hatsukokoro on this range and drawn on all his skill and experience working with Konosuke and Yoshida Hamono.