A limited edition pair of knives made for us by UK based bladesmith Michael Lewy of Knot Handcrafted in his Birmingham workshop. The petty and gyuto paired with stunning ironwood handles boast a top class fit and finish and compliment each other perfectly.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: Petty 134mm & Gyuto 216mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: Petty 270mm & Gyuto 359mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: Petty 38.6mm & Gyuto 59.4mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: Petty 2.71mm & Gyuto 2.5mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Core Steel: AEB-L
- Hardness: 61 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal Ironwood with black mini bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: KNOT-001-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Michael Lewy - Knot Handcrafted
UK based blacksmith Michael Lewes of Knot Handcrafted is a former chef turned knife maker and unquestionably has a great eye for design and working with various materials and finishes to create his often distinctively sweeping shaped knives which are all individually made by hand in his Birmingham workshop.