This superbly finished petty will handle all your small jobs with precision and speed. It is razor sharp and is brilliant for all those in-hand jobs or fiddly prep jobs in the kitchen.
The iconic HD2 knives by Konosuke are well known for being laser thin and razor sharp. HD2 is a mono steel and for those familiar with the GS+ (a 3 layer steel) the comparison between the two is that these are a little less stainless the the GS+ but will hold an edge for longer, this is due to having more chromium in the steel.
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 141mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 285mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 1.9mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 27.9mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 68 grams
- Sharpness score: 102 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: Stainless
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Chestnut or laurel wood
- Restock Time: Up to 6 months Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 1404
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Konosuke Knives and Cutlery Company are based in Sakai City and their fit and finish on all their knives is second to none.