This superbly finished petty will handle all your small jobs with precision and speed. It is razor sharp and is brilliant for all those in-hand jobs or fiddly prep jobs in the kitchen.
The iconic HD2 knives by Konosuke are well known for being laser thin and razor sharp. HD2 is a mono steel and for those familiar with the GS+ (a 3 layer steel) the comparison between the two is that these are a little less stainless the the GS+ but will hold an edge for longer, this is due to having more chromium in the steel.
Note: This knife is sold with a Konosuke magnolia saya designed to fit it included in the price.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 141mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 285mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 27.9mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 1.9mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 68 grams
- Core Steel: HD2 Semi Stainless
- Cladding Steel: HD2 Semi Stainless
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal one-piece laurel wood from Studio Khii
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: KONO-012
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Konosuke Knives and Cutlery Company are based in Sakai City and their fit and finish on all their knives is second to none.