A fantastic grind and impressively thin behind the edge, this mid-sized gyuto benefits from Makoto-san's skill and experience primarily as a sharpener and delivers excellent performance at a very competitive price point.
- Blade Length: 211mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 355mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 46.6mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 1.95mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 151 grams
- Core Steel: VG7
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal maple wood with red pakka ferrule
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: MAK-0002
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Having learned his trade under the master Hiroshi Kato, Makoto Kurosaki specialised primarily in sharpening and his skill as a sharpener are widely known and admired. More recently he's branched out to design and create his own knives.