A fantastic grind and impressively thin behind the edge, this mid-sized gyuto benefits from Makoto-san's skill and experience primarily as a sharpener and delivers excellent performance at a very competitive price point.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 149mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 275mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 1.98mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 27mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 73 grams
- Core Steel: VG7
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 61-62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal maple wood with red pakka ferrule
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: MAK-0002
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Having learned his trade under the master Hiroshi Kato, Makoto Kurosaki specialised primarily in sharpening and his skill as a sharpener are widely known and admired. More recently he's branched out to design and create his own knives.