This is a thicker bladed knife designed for making light work of poultry so boning that chicken, duck or pheasant is a breeze.
The honesuki is a Japanese boning knife with a triangular shaped tip and a significantly thicker blade than most other knives.
The Honesuki is designed to make short work of boning chicken, pheasant, duck or any other poultry you're working on.
- Blade Length: 210mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 320mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 40mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 165 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60-62 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Knife making is in Anryu-san's blood. A fourth generation knife maker and has been working as a blacksmith for well over 50 years.