This is a thicker bladed knife designed for making light work of poultry so boning that chicken, duck or pheasant is a breeze.
The honesuki is a Japanese boning knife with a triangular shaped tip and a significantly thicker blade than most other knives. The Honesuki is designed to make short work of boning chicken, pheasant, duck or any other poultry you're working on.
- Blade Length: 158mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 300mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 40mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.1mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 113 grams
- Core Steel: VG10
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 60-62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal rosewood with black pakka wood bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: 1713
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Takumi Ikeda (Formerly Katsushige Anryu)
The Kumo range has been made for many years by master blacksmith Anryu san but with his retirement at the start of 2021, production of this line has passed to his nephew, former apprentice and highly skilled blacksmith Takumi Ikeda who continues to make the knives in the same way.