The minute you open the box you'll be in love with the unique hammered finish and the striking rosewood handle that combine to give a look that's definitely Japanese but with the comforting style of a rugged Western handle.
It's a superb all rounder and if you're not rushing to buy it by the time you've finished reading we'd be amazed!
- Blade Length: 170mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 294mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 1.8mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 46.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 136 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG1
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60 (HRC)
- Handle style: Western
- Handle material: Rosewood with 2 steel rivets
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
What you get
Made in Echizen, Masutani san's experience dates back many years both as a blacksmith and an excellent knife sharpener and his own ranges of knives combine elegant good looks and sharpness at a price point that is almost unbeatable for what they deliver.