Big, bold and offering a good feeling of weight, the larger gyuto from Miyazaki-san is definitely one for those seeking a larger and heavier all rounder in white steel.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 245mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 399mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 53.8mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 3.96mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 256 grams
- Core Steel: White #2
- Cladding Steel: Soft Iron
- Hardness: 61±1 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal teak with black buffalo horn
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: MIYA-001-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
A talented blacksmith from Fukue in the The Gotō Islands, Miyazaki-san is one of the newer generation of blacksmiths who work on every part of their knife making process from hand laminating and forging through to finishing the blades.