A fabulously finished mid-sized gyuto from of Japan's rising stars and top level sharpeners.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 236mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 389mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 50.2mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.65mm (Spine width above the heel) 2.22mm (Measured halfway along spine) 0.93mm (Measured 15mm from tip)
- Total Weight: 175 grams
- Core Steel: SG2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: Approx 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal teak with black buffalo horn
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: MYO-005-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Myojin has been working as a sharpener for more than 10 years and has an excellent reputation for the quality of his work and this can be evidenced in the finish on Konosuke's famous Fujiyama knives among others.