Stunning looks and performance, this is a perfect all rounder for all your daily food prep jobs.
➡️ Also available as blade only, order a compatable handle from our Japanese knife handle selection and we'll fit it for you at no extra cost. You must email us your order number first to request fitting.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 174mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 314mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 49.5mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.25mm (Spine width above the heel) 2.17mm (Measured halfway along spine) 1.78mm (Measured 15mm from tip)
- Total Weight: 161 grams
- Core Steel: VG10
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 60 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Mono ebony
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: NIG-060
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
A legendary name in sword and knife making stretching back 8 generations and 350 years. You simply don't get much more skill going into each blade.