A classic laser profile santoku from Terukazu Takamura. An absolute delight to cut with and an eye catching red pakka wood Western handle combine to make a light and nimble knife that's going to make light work of a lot of food prep!
- Blade Length: 172mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 297mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade Thickness: 1.58mm (Measured level with heel)
- Blade Height: 46.3mm (Heel to spine)
- Total Weight: 144 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Core: SG2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 62-63 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Western
- Handle Material: Red pakka wood
Product SKU: 10902
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Compatable saya or guard
Based in Takefu Village in Echizen and led by 3rd generation blacksmith Terukazu Takamura, Takamura Hamono have a fine repution for the quality and finish of their blades.