One of the most stunning mid sized petty knives we've ever seen and an absolute joy to behold.
Hinoura san has created a superbly well finished and balanced knife with a design that has drawn so many comments and so much praise from his many admirers over the years and we're most certainly among them!
Product quick view
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 139mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 284mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 4mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 37mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 81 grams
- Sharpness score: 109 (See how we measure this)
- Steel Type - Cladding: Rainbow Damascus
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VS2
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 61-63 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
- Handle material: Ebony with white buffalo bolster
- Restock Time: Approximately 1 year Approximate timescale for restocking this knife if stock levels are low
Product SKU: 9352
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
One of Japan's most famous blacksmiths, Hinoura san is famous for his creativity and skill honed from more than 50 years experience and 3 generations of knowledge. His knives are works of art highly prized and sought after around the world.