A truly spectacular nakiri with one of the sharpest and hardest out of the box edges we've ever tested, this will make short work of your veg prep.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 163mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 306mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 52.8mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.04mm (Spine width above the heel) 1.98mm (Measured halfway along spine) 1.96mm (Measured 15mm from tip)
- Total Weight: 165 grams
- Core Steel: ZDP-189
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 66-67 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Various - Typically either octagonal walnut or oval rosewood
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: YSH-003-##
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Yoshida Hamono is a family-owned Japanese company with an age-long tradition in manufacturing state-of-the-art tools and Japanese swords (katanas) by hand.