The newest edition to the ZDP-189 range, this nakiri is a lovely example.
With a bit more of a veg bias than the gyuto knife the santoku can do most things (no really hard veg or bones though!) and you'll find it becomes invaluable.
The knife is made from a core steel of ZDP-189, a very hard steel (66-67 HRC), which means it can achieve and hold an incredibly sharp edge.
- Blade Length: 180mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 317mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 2mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 48mm Heel to spine
- Total weight: 137 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: ZDP-189
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 66-67 HRC
- Handle style: Japanese
Our aim is to measure everything as accurately as possible but some specifications (such as hardness for example) are provided by the manufacturer and therefore should be used as a guide only.
Yoshida Hamono is a family-owned Japanese company with an age-long tradition in manufacturing state-of-the-art tools and Japanese swords (katanas) by hand.