The Kurokaze petty like the other knives in the line boasts a thick profile and more pronounced taper while still offering excellent cutting performance, this is a robust utility knife with a comfortable feel in hand and impressive edge for fine work.
- Blade Length: 189mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 334mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 45.6mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 4.85mm (Spine width above the heel) 2.46mm (Measured halfway along spine) 1.55mm (Measured 15mm from tip)
- Total Weight: 154 grams
- Core Steel: White #2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 61 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Octagonal teak or walnut with black buffalo bolster
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: HAT-0116
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Based in Seki city, Hatsukoroko employ a range of techniques and work with a selection of master blacksmiths working entirely by hand and for some ranges, they make use of modern machinery to combine craft with extreme precision.