A good size petty for those larger jobs but where space may be a little limited in the kitchen. Made of Aogami blue #2 steel and clad in stainless steel this is knife that has the best of both worlds, the joy of carbon but with the easy to care for addition of stainless cladding.
Product Quick View
Want to see a little more of the knife? Check out what the knife looks like in hand and up close.
- Blade Length: 153mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 281mm (Blade tip to handle end)
- Blade Height: 33.6mm (Heel to spine)
- Blade Thickness: 2.66mm (Spine width above the heel)
- Total Weight: 84 grams
- Core Steel: Blue Steel #2
- Cladding Steel: Stainless
- Hardness: 62 (HRC)
- Handle Style: Japanese
- Handle Material: Walnut with black buffalo ferrule (Oval or octagonal - see comfort section above)
- Left or Right handed: Either (Double Bevel)
Product SKU: ANRY-001
Our aim is to measure and photograph our products as accurately as possible but due to many items being handmade, finished or using natural materials, there can be minor variance in measurements and things such as blade or wood finishes can vary. We will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by manufacturers and should therefore be used as a guide.
Meet the maker
Takumi Ikeda / Katsushige Anryu
The aogami range has been made for many years by master blacksmith Anryu san but with his retirement at the start of 2021, production of this line has passed to his nephew and apprentice and highly skilled blacksmith Takumi Ikeda who continues to make the knives in the same way.