Made by veteran blacksmith Hiroshi Kato San this petty is a real beauty. Kiri means mist in Japanese and this is perfectly portrayed by the damascus stainless cladding that protects the VG10 core steel.
This is a low maintenance knife due to being completely stainless, cuts well and will stay sharp for a long time thanks to the qualities of the VG10 core.
- Blade Length: 164mm (Measurement of the cutting edge)
- Total Length: 315mm (Blade + Handle)
- Blade width: 3mm (Measured where blade enters handle)
- Blade height: 58mm (Heel to spine)
- Total weight: 140 grams
- Steel Type - Cladding: Stainless
- Steel Type - Cutting edge: VG10
- Left or Right handed: Either
- Hardness: 60-62 (HRC)
- Handle style: Japanese
Product SKU: 1556
Our aim is to measure and photograph all our products as accurately as possible but due to the handmade nature of many items, please be aware that there may be some variance in the measurements and that things such as blade and knife handle patterns can vary and presentation boxes may differ from those shown but we will always endeavour to provide the most accurate measurements, photos and descriptions of our products.
Some measurements such as HRC are provided by the manufacturer and should therefore be used as a guide.
Yoshimi Kato San is the son-in-law of Hiroshi Kato San (who recently took a step backwards after over 50 years as a blacksmith).